On May 21, 2013 Vitebsk State Technological University (Belarus) hosted the International Research to Practice Symposium
«Innovative technologies and equipment of textile production».
The purpose of the symposium is to introduce professionals, postgraduates, undergraduates and university students as well as experts of textile and chemical enterprises of the Republic of Belarus and Russia to the latest achievements in the field of production and quality assessment of textile yarns and fabrics. This event has become a tradition for the university, which is the only institution of higher education in the Republic of Belarus to train specialists for the textile industry.
The symposium was attended by experts from European companies that are leaders in their respective segments of textile machinery:
- Maschinenfabrik Rieter AG (Switzerland) - a leading manufacturer of cotton spinning equipment;
- Savio (Italy) - a leading manufacturer of twisting and winding equipment;
- Picanol (Belgium) - a leading manufacturer of textile machinery;
Uster Technologies AG (Switzerland) - a leading manufacturer of laboratory equipment for property measurement of textile yarns and raw materials.
It is the company that signed an agreement on cooperation with the University in 2010.
Among the participants of the Symposium were official representatives of the following companies in the Republic of Belarus:
- Tongor Handelsgesellischaft GmbH and MAN Ferrostaal AG. and service center Tekstiltehnika
The symposium discussed a wide range of issues in the following areas:
- advanced technological equipment for spinning and weaving manufacturing;
- advanced processing technology of natural and chemical fibers;
- methods and international quality assessment practices of textile yarns and raw materials, including the presentation of a new version of Uster Statistics Bulletin 2013, which is the unofficial international standard for textile enterprises.
The symposium also exhibited products which had been designed and developed by the University researchers during the implementation of advanced technology in creating new manufacturing processes textile enterprises in the Republic of Belarus.